Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The Lady Sitting By The Balcony






NOTE: Reader would need to use more attention as there are more than usual number of characters involved in this latest account  

On the last day of 6th Lunar Month, by mid morning I heard loud Chinese orchestra sounds a few houses  away. When I try to hear more clearly it sounded of a group of people chanting. I thought someone has passed away and they hired some of the ethnic clansmen Taoist Priest to do a chanting ceremony.

By then I realised it was not a funeral but a Taoist ceremony of some kind. It was strange as it is during the pandemic and I wonder what was the urgency for a Taoist ceremony. The sound was coming from a house that the unit neighbour told me they heard noises almost every evening.

The mentioned house next door neighbour we call him G told me there were noises of chairs stomping, children running around and also sometime unexplainable loud bang in the middle of the night all the way till 2 - 3 am almost every evening. 

G said he thought it was his neighbour all along until he heard the Taoist ceremony session. He suspected it was some kind of haunting incident but did not ask his neighbour about it, since his neighbour claim to be knowledgeable in this area.

G relayed to me the story that when the neighbour just moved after 1 month, the neighbour wife rang his door bell and asked whether he knew that someone has passed away in the house before they moved in.

To the best of G’s memory, there were never any funeral ceremonies being done next door nor their family have seen any ambulance came by for any of  the former 2 neighbours. The house next door was for rented tenant all along, and this new neighbour then had just rented next door.

The neighbour’s wife told G that not long after they moved in, the temporary maid agent has told her (G’s neighbour wife) that their house is haunted, the agent claim that upon picking up the temp maid after her duty from their house, they met with an accident, after confirming the car cannot start, that they called a Grab ride home and even the Grab Ride met with an accident after picking up the agent and the temp maid.

The agent went to a monk for spiritual clearance and was told by the monk that she somehow was disturbed by a spirit through their house. The agent even recorded the video of her spiritual clearance and showed to the neighbour’s wife. In the video she went into trance after the monk chanting, and started to cry and later sing nursery songs and sounded like a child. G neighbour’s wife even showed him the forwarded video. G told me that was almost 1.5years ago but at that time the neighbour wife did not believe the temp maid agent.

Few days before the Taoist Ceremony as I went for my usual evening walk, when I walk passed the house, I was thinking about what G had told me that his neighbour house could be haunted, as soon as I had that thought suddenly in my mind appeared the image of a faceless lady in white dress floating up and down in front of the side window of their house. Her action was as if she was looking for something or someone. I didn’t went further into my meditative stabilization as the image appeared just due to my curiousity. And I thought to myself that I could be imagining things due to what G told me.

Fast forward back to my perspective on the day of the Taoist Ceremony, the ceremony went on for the whole day till almost evening time. By about 5pm, my dog was barking towards the back of my house as it heard sound of strangers at the back of our common area. From my 2nd floor back of the house I saw a person dressed as the photo below and a group of person was chanting and beating the ceremonial drums, after which the Taoist Priest took out a whip and whip at one the tree at our common backyard. He whipped for a few times and then the whole group continued back the house.



About 6pm, I went for my usual evening brisk walking, and as I walked passed the house this time, I went into meditative stabilization briefly to scan is the spirit still around, since what went on, I can only say it was a big exorcism ceremony from morning till evening.

As I went into meditative stabilization, I saw a faceless young lady was sitting by the balcony ledge on the second floor of the house. Her sitting posture was like a child, leg hanging and cross ankle rocking it slightly front and back. She was wearing a white dress, with long hair till the back, the same lady that appeared in my mind few days before when I went for walk.Legs Hanging


All the while the priest was chanting and drums were beating on the side of the house, where they set up the ceremonial altar. And the lady spirit was sitting on the front side of the house patiently waiting as if nothing has happened and resting away from all the loud noises from the ceremony.

After I came back from my walk, the ceremony has already ended from what I saw then, I thought that was suppose to be the end of the story. I asked G few days later, did your next door still gave out noises in the evening. He told me for the 1st time after so many months they did not heard any noises since the exorcism ceremony.

Again I thought that my meditative stabilization could be my imagination since it was such a big ceremony. After about 1 week, G told me the noises in the evening from the neighbour house started again. This time it was not so often in the night but it was much more louder in between. Stomping, children crying, people running all these noises are quite obvious for G even though they are staying next door, therefore for the neighbour themselves it should be more horrifying.

The final confirmation came last week, when I saw a lorry came by down the street. G neighbour’s was moving out. It could be due to contract expiry for the rental, however I would say it is also due to the unsolvable haunting as well.

By now, you the reader would be wondering, how come I knew so much detail about the incident yet I did not offer any help. 

G’s neighbour have made it known to G, that he knows a lot of spiritual master friend and also he himself know more than usual about spiritual stuff. Therefore both G and me agreed that we should not be interfering when the person did not ask for help.

In the end, I believe the spiritual disturbance did not come from the house as G previous 2 neighbour did not complain of any spiritual haunting nor did he heard strange noises coming from next door with the other 2 past neighbours.

It could be the spirit is following the neighbour instead of the house.