Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

The Man with the Triangle Hat

I have helped many members of our temple to install their Earth Deity (地主) and also written few articles in this blog relating to the Earth Deity.
Earth Deities encounters almost 10 years back

Boosting Luck via spiritual process

More recent Earth Deity to help in work matters

Many years ago, my 'spiritual master' taught me how to connect with different earth deities during my meditative stabilization, which is useful when doing the installation as I can advise members on what are preference of offering of the Earth Deity in their household. 

One of my client and temple member in KL Richard (not his real name) when he moved into his factory office 2 years ago did asked me what Taoist Deities suits him best for his new factory. I just advised him to install Earth Deity at the time.



About 2 days ago I received a WhatsApp communication from him that his office staff saw the Earth Deity inside their current office.




His staff saw the Earth Deity in the office. Initially his staff described the outfit of the Earth Deity and the hat in triangle shape as in Vietnamese farmer hat. However later my client confirmed to me it is similar to Qing Dynasty officer’s outfit. http://en.chinaculture.org/2014-12/11/content_584869_2.htm

He went on to inform me that his staff cannot confirm whether it was a Qing Dynasty summer hat or a Vietnamese hat. 

I can confirm it is a Qing Dynasty type of hat. Then one may wonder what is a Qing Dynasty Officer doing in Malaysia? And end up being enshrine as Earth Deity? Well if you looked up Kuala Lumpur history and British Colonial rule era and their elected ‘Kapitan’ then the hat would make sense.

Anyhow I am glad that at least one of his staff saw and able to informed him. As I remember 1 of his staff actually did strike some 4d when asking the Earth Deity for help. Earth Deities can come in many different forms, as long as it was properly consecrated then they will definitely help the household or office.