Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Another encounter with Earth Deities

Chinese New Year has always been a busy period personally and also spiritually. This year with the form up of the Kam Dong Shan temple, there were more activities going on during this period.

This case has to do with the Earth God or commonly known as 土地公 (Tu Di Gong) and one of our temple member and also a close acquaintence Daniel (not his real name).

Since last year he has been going through some stroke of below average luck. And at the end of last year, even his facial colours shows quite dull colours around the forehead and also cheek area.

Evidently in his BaZi, he is going through some not so smooth period. Feng Shui wise, there is nothing wrong with his house. Therefore I have tried to help him through Taoist spiritual method. Daniel is also a Taoist cultivator, in which I personally also know his character and in this case try to help him as much as I can through our temple main deities.

He has requested the benefactors talisman, burn it and no result at all. After which, I have requested for the summoning the earth god talisman for him. He burn it and only minor result. After this 2 account, his case become a real curiousity for me. Using Taoist method, under normal circumstances a person will be seeing some result in term of money, but will later spend it off due to their BaZi influence. For example, obtaining some sales (as Daniel is in sales), some surge in income but later spend it off on some other things or events. Unless they know the method of how to get the energy to circulate.

In this case however, nothing. After which, I have requested from our deities a luck changing set of talisman. When I gave him the set, I have specifically inform him that if this does not work, then you really have to wait for your luck to change.

During Chinese New Year fourth day, I have the chance of meeting up Daniel together with some other friends from KL. When the meet up ended, I drove Daniel back to his place. He generously invited me to his home and have a look at his altar. He had just move into this house for about 2 months.

When I was in his altar room, I have decided to go into meditative stabilisation and enquire about his case from his house Earth God. In my mind, a form of an elder lady appeared. Earth God will not necessarily be a man, sometimes it can be a woman spirit. This also confirms Daniel earlier hunch in which his house Earth God is an elderly lady. So without any hesitation, I politely ask the Earth God, what happen? Because Daniel had burn so many summoning talisman and also gold paper offering. The answer I have received from the Earth God, is that she is unable to help him in any financial matters. Because she does not have enough energy to give him back. She mentioned that she can only help in keeping the house safe and health matters.

Then my next question to the Earth God was “ Is there any other way to help Daniel on his financial matters?”. She told me that the outside 'Datuk' (another form of localized Earth Deity that usually would be in charge of a specific area) at his apartment compound can provide the financial help Daniel needed. She informed me that all Daniel needs to do, is to pay respect more often to the 'Datuk'. Immediately I've asked Daniel, whether is there any 'Datuk' around his apartment compound. Just to make sure I was not imagining things, sometimes the scientific part of my mind needs to make sure I am not going crazy :) . According to Daniel, there is indeed a Datuk house in his apartment compound but he only pay respect once after he moved in.

In brief, I then inform Daniel to pay respect more often to his area Earth Deity. 4 days after this, yesterday evening 8th day of Chinese New Year, I have received a call from Daniel. He told me the day before, he went to a local tourism event and had parked his car at a person's property. Upon leaving he discovered that the front of his car had 2 big scratch mark, obviously left by the owner of the parking space. Daniel decided to try his luck with local 4Digits on his car number. In a surprise to him, his car number became the first prize number. He won about RM1k plus.

I was very glad for him, because to us that is familiar with Taoist method, once there is a turning sign – it means that the momentum of change has started in regards to his luck. All we need is that leverage. It does not mean that he will win bigger prize in 4Digits, because the odds is almost impossible no matter what methods a person use in gambling long term.

Earth God or Earth Deities is different in each house. Some people will choose to pay respect and offering to the Earth God and some do not. Either circumstances, the Earth God is already there. They are there in the house way before any owner, essentially they are the spirit of that particular land. Even in other cultures, I have noticed that they also pay respect to the spirit of the house or the land. Essentially this is the same as the Taoist setting up a place for the Earth God. Earth God is also classified as a form of Wealth Deities, even though their ranking is not high in the spiritual world, but their connection is somewhat the closest to us human beings.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Master GK,

Can you tell me the difference:

1. Da Bo Gong 大伯公

2. Tu Di Gong 土地公

3. Dizhu 地主神

4. Earth god, 土地神??

I find that the figurines for the above are the same : an old man with beard, holding a gold nugget and a dragon walking stick.

When are the birthdays of all the above gods??

Why some people pray Earth God in the form of a tablet and some to a figurine?? Same?

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply me.

Angle light said...

Hi Master,
May I know what is the different between the status of du ti gong and tablet? If I already had the duti statue in my office.
But business is not running well
What should I do?
With Blessing always
Sim