Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Solar Eclipse of the Century

I almost forgot about the eclipse 3 days ago. Went about my busy schedule as usual. Several clients call up to ask for dates for their renovation. I went through the 10,000 years Chinese calendar looking for good dates for them. I did not manage to get any dates at all, the closest possible dates was on 1 August. Gone through several system of selection and the result is still the same.


Yesterday, suddenly remember about the eclipse and it all makes sense. In majority of Chinese Metaphysic system, we would use the Chinese Solar Calendar 六十甲子 to select the Heavenly Stem天干 and Earthly Branches 地支. When eclipse is about to happen or within that 7 days, the is not a good date in the selection. Even though I totally forgot about this event 3 days ago. If you are planning any major renovation or knocking around your house, it is advisable to wait until August to do it.












No comments: