Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

One for me please....


It is getting quite often that people will write email or post message on my Facebook account asking for Taoist talisman. Usually, they wouldn't say what is their problem, but would like to have a talisman.

This is like you going to your doctor friend and asked 'Can you give me some medicine to swallow?' and when your doctor friend asked you ' What's wrong?' you replied ' I don't know, but taking some wouldn't hurt right?'.

Some would even give me self diagnosis. I suspect I am being hexed or I suspect that a lot jealous people are out there to get me. Can you please give me a talisman to solve all this? This is similar to going to the doctor and said ' I need this specific medication, because I have a feeling I am suffering from xxx desease or illness, just give it to and my problem will be solved.

This is what I called living in the FAST FOOD culture and society. Not only people nowadays expect a 'fix' from Western meds. They are starting to have the same idea with religion and also Taoist talisman.

For example, when your physical body have some problem such as lethargic and frequent tiredness. You don't expect the doctor the give you a pill to solve it. With further questioning and investigation, it would reveal that you constantly sleep late. So your habit of sleeping late is causing the physical stress in your body and those are just the effects. To solve this problem, you just need to adjust yourself to sleep earlier.

Same with spiritual problems or prevention of spiritual problems. Some problems can be prevented by knowing the correct protocol, such as when you visit funeral parlour and Yin areas, what are the things you should be aware and the do's and don't.

Some  spiritual problems can be solved by specific action of doing meritorious deeds. Some can be solved by chanting specific mantras. Some can be solved by requesting protection from a specific deities and the list is endless.

What about Taoist talisman? Taoist Talisman especially Liu Ren talisman usually have a specific purpose or goal that has been embedded into the talisman. The talisman will carry specific command, request, energy field, deities energy signature and also sometimes houses specific heavenly army request to perform a specific task. Thefore it is very difficult to ask for a general request on a religious instrument that are specific in nature.

Some talisman can only be issued upon deities approval. Some require the person to personally attend and visit the temple to acquire it. On most cases, it is wise to develop a relationship with the temple or deities before requesting for any talisman.

In life most of the time, the things you need MOST to solve your spiritual problems, will often times be not what you THOUGHT you need. Most of the time, it is what you are most reluctant to do, which is the thing that will solve your spiritual problem.

**Those who like to know more about Feng Shui, please visit my blog at http://gkhamconsulting.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post. It is true, like you say, how society expects an 'instant fix' from anything. Fast food culture indeed! I work for a new social blogging site, and was hoping you would consider sharing your posts there with us? It wouldn't affect your blog in any way, and I know our community would be very interested in what you have to say. Let me know what you think!

All the best,

Teo