Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

Do you know what's Inside the Statue?

Yesterday was doing Feng Shui audit at temple members home. It was the first time I have visited their home.

After looking through their home layout and advise them on the necessary changes, I notice that the home altar, the energy level was not very broad. Usually for a Taoist altar, that has consistent incense offering and prayers, the perimeters of the altar energy that can be felt would usually be at least 2 -3 feet from the altar.

Some who has absolute faith in their Taoist Deity and with consistent prayers, the perimeter could be as wide and expansive as the entire living room.

For their case however, I was quite curious because the energy field is narrow and not expansive. The altar has 3 statues on it. 1 of the statue was consecrated in our temple 2 years ago and taken back to their home.

The remaining 2 statues of Buddha and Bodhisattva was later added onto the altar. Because they are temple members, I then would have a look at their altar table and the conditions.

I went into meditative stabilization, and discovered that only the Deity that was consecrated by our temple has an energy presence. The other 2 statues has no presence at all. Due to this, I have decide to reconsecrate the 2 statues and also clear up the energy field of the altar with Tao Fa.

As both remaining statue is of Buddha and Bodhisattva, one is unable to consecrate it, just to cleanse and seal the statues energetically. Any form of Buddhist statue would require a 'clean' statue in order to invite the Buddha and Bodhisattva energy later on. After that was done, and also given them some advice to move the altar away from a beam on top, so that the energy field can expand further.

The interesting part of this story happen around 7am this morning. I was asleep, and in my dreams there are 2 visitors. One is dressed traditionally in Buddhist robes and the other was in lady form. In my dream, I was awake - meaning a lucid dream. I asked the guy in the Buddhist robe what did he wanted, and as I approach, I have an instinct to request and open up our Taoist protection mantra. Immediately the guy in the buddhist robe, his image change statically, just like tv with bad reception and changes a few times. Finally in my dream I was able to catch hold of his neck, push him to the ground and his shape change into somewhat like a goblin. 

I was alone in my dream, so I had to use my left foot to step on 'its' neck and warn the other in lady form to scram or I will use Tao Fa to rip her energy field. The other one left immediately and the one on my feet was released as well. After which an old man appear, was quite hunch back and wearing traditional earth god robes, in my dream I tried to look carefully on whether this one will change shape as well. However after close inspection, he looks ok, no static change and I asked him are you the house deity and he nodded. Immediately I was awake after that.

I did not make the correlation of the dream and my clients' altar until about lunch time. Initially I could not make out the sign and similarity. My clients' house also have an earth deity, however I did not do any consecration or cleanse as I do not see a need to do so.

Word of advice, any forms of statues that you wish to put on an altar, make sure it is properly consecrated. Many people believe that Buddha statues or Bodhisattva statues does not need any consecration. That is far from the truth. It may look the same, but inside may housing a total different entity.